Hello Ford Sayre friends and families!
The calendar has turned to June and, while many of our seasonal rhythms have been upended, we still find ourselves nursing the early-summer blisters of rollerskiing, embracing the newly-greened beauty of our environment, and importantly, celebrating a transitional time for our oldest JNT skiers! We’re so proud to see Nacio, Hannah, Keelan, and Justice graduate from high school and look to whatever lies ahead with poise and hopefulness. What a winning crew.
And because the occasion is too good to pass up, we enlisted the help of parents’ old photo albums. Enjoy the time capsules interspersed among reflections from teammates and friends and coaches.
Why you love having them on the team:
- Such a selfless, positive teammate– always willing to go the extra mile to make someone’s day better or lend a helping hand… and, always seems to have a fun story on hand to make everyone laugh!
- Endlessly entertaining view of and experiences in the world. Adventure is always close at hand!
- Super hardworking and dedicated, but also easygoing and so fun to talk to, and always finds things to laugh and joke about! It’s been so great to get to know you this year!
- A genius wax table packer… and a grounded, mature perspective on the world.
- Always makes everyone laugh! I hope there is a sequel to the fireside chat sometime!
- I agree with Catherine: such a comedian, always pulling little tidbits from seemingly nowhere that crack the whole team up! Definitely added so much to the fun-loving culture of the team. 🙂
- The most fun person to ski behind on ODs and easy distance practices! Always talking about something exciting and interesting!
- Steadfast in her commitment to skiing, to her teammates, and to the program. We couldn’t have done it without her!
- The best math tutor, carpool driver, and always great to chat with!
- So genuinely caring; always looking out for her teammates! And, super dedicated and driven, which is really admirable.
- The carpool to practice would always brighten my day! I am going to miss squeezing into the car with skis going over our heads and laughing our way to practice!
A favorite memory of each senior:
- Table climbing… Crazy!!! Also, attempting to do a pull-up for all the granola bars.
- That box… The one that was impossible to open… Sorry. Not impossible. Just very hard. I remember spending sooo much time on it.
- I will never forget that fireside chat (I don’t know if I’ve ever laughed that hard!) and also your soundtrack to Hilary and Luke’s life cycle of a frog skit!!! Absolutely precious 🙂
- Trash-talking each other before every race. I swear that cut minutes off of my times!
- First time I met Hannah was at U16s a few years back. I remember sitting across from her at the banquet, and after we’d finished our meal, she got up and announced that she was going to get some cake because she needed more protein, which apparently the sprinkles on top acquired lots and lots of. Hannah, I’m very sad to announce that sprinkles have 0 grams of protein.
- Rooming with you at Thanksgiving camp and mmmmm the cashew bars :)))))
- Integration by parts. Need I say more?
A couple choice “wise words” moments from elder statesmen:
- From “I Wrote Mr. Tambourine Man:”
Never trust a musician who plays with their eyes open
All the good stuff happens when they’re closed
You gotta give yourself the shivers
Before you can give ’em to someone else.
- “Spencer, do you want my headlamp, ‘cuz it’s going to be dark by the time you finish!” Honestly, that was the most brilliant statement ever!
Their spirit animal:
- Bear: easygoing, but a steadfast leader and very resilient
- Koala because he is very very good at sleeping.
- Ostrich. Don’t know if you’ve ever seen a video of one running, but they’re crazy fast. Please look it up. Anyways, if you’ve ever seen Justice off the start line, you’d get what I mean by fast.
- Owl: very wise and thoughtful 🙂
A bunny because you are so positive and energetic.
And for fun, one sibling shares a “Senior Superlative”
- The most impressive burrito consumer of all time.
We’re so proud of these four, and we’ll miss them dearly.
We didn’t manage to find any yard signs for Keelan and Justice, but here are Näc and Hannah, reppin TA and HHS. Congratulations to all the graduates!